Monday, August 15, 2011

Executive Committee Series: Part 2 Who is the Epsilon Executive Secretary

From Dolores Hackler, Executive Secretary (Also Baby Dog)

Initiated into Delta Kappa Gamma is 1976. I have served many positions including chapter president, district director, state committees, and now Executive Secretary. Graduated from Louisiana Tech University with a BA in Elementary Education. Continued my  education studying and taking classes in anything I thought would benefit my students. Retired in 2002 after 35 years in education – most of those in fifth grade – ended in computer lab.

Something you all may not know about me. Not only have I been involved as a teacher, but I have been involved as a parent. I was local unit PTA President (more than one school), Caddo District PTA President, Louisiana State President, and served on national level committees as well.

My husband Jerry and I were in the same class in Springhill High School, didn’t have much to do with each other then, but connected 22 years later. The last 28 years have been the best! I have one son and daughter-in-law, four step-children, four step grandchildren, and three step great grandchildren. Oh yes, I also have three granddogs.

My special interests include reading, travel, yardwork (most of it now is pointing and telling Jerry how good it looks), volunteering (on neighborhood board of directors too many years to count).

My faith in God is what has helped me be what I am today and where I am today. There are many scriptures that come to my mind each day, but the one that I always come back to is Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God..”

No comments:

Post a Comment