Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Epsilon District Directors Series Part 6: SW June Inhern

It is truly an honor to have been asked by our state president, Donnis Poe, to serve Epsilon State as the Southwest District Director.  I am grateful to have the opportunity to get to know members of other chapters who share the same interest and love for education as I do. My name is June Guillory Inhern.  I am a member of Alpha Zeta Chapter in St. Landry Parish and have been a member since 1992.   I have served our chapter as President for two terms and I am currently on my third biennium as Treasurer of Alpha Zeta.  I am originally from Ville Platte, LA but moved to Opelousas and then Washington twenty years ago.  

 I am currently the Preschool Facilitator in our parish public school system in charge of the LA 4 and Special Education Pre-K programs.  I also serve as the Child Search Coordinator for the Special Education Program.  I am in my 37th year as an educator and I still honestly can say that I love it.  I graduated from Sacred Heart High School in Ville Platte. I have a B. A. in Elementary and Special Education from USL and a Masters of Education in Administration and Supervision from LSU, plus 30 hours with certifications in many areas but Pre-K is my love. 

I am on the United Way Board in Opelousas, the Historic District Commission and the Steamboat Association in Washington and most recently have been invited to join the Opelousas Sunrise Rotary Club.  I am active in my church community currently serving as a Reader.  I have taught catechism and was a teacher and then later the director of the children’s summer church camp for four years. 

I have been blessed with four wonderful children, Alyce, Jean-Paul, Anne Marie and Philippe, who are all grown now.  I only have one left in school…whew! 

 I am also known as “Grammy” to three beautiful grandchildren, Sam, Kate and Abigail.  They are all preschool age so you know I’m having fun!  I’m also very grateful that although my parents are getting up in age they are still healthy. 

I enjoy cooking and am always looking for new recipes so you won’t be surprised that I collect cookbooks.  I also like to decorate and I love antiques!   My home is 150 years old.  I’m hoping one day to open a bed and breakfast or rent out the house for small receptions.  This is the plan for “when I retire”.  I love meeting new people and I feel this is a wonderful way to do so. 

For now I am very honored that God has called me to be an educator, I still enjoy my profession and its many challenges.  I am proud to be a member of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International.  I consider it a privilege to have been invited to become a member of such an elite group of key women educators.  I enjoy working with people and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment