To mentor others, you can:
- Be an outstanding example and role model to other members.
- Be concerned with your own growth and encourage others to join you.
- Attend meetings, take an active role, and consider accepting a leadership position.
- Be accessible.
- Offer individual attention to current and new or potential members.
- Be an encourager.
- Educate others on the importance of providing support and encouragement to new teachers/members as well as understanding the challenges they face.
- Be the recipient of new ideas gained from others, personal and professional reflection and renewal, and the satisfaction of helping new professionals.