Thursday, December 15, 2011

Epsilon District Directors Series Part 5: S Sheri Richard

My name is Sheri Richardson and I am the South District Director. I have been a member of Alpha Psi Chapter since December, 2003. On the chapter level, I have held the office of president and am currently the secretary. Last biennium, I was the chairman of the state communications committee. Prior to that, I served as a member of the Jubilee Rose and the communication committees. I had the honor of receiving the Rosebud Award in 2006.

Born and raised in Gretna, Louisiana, I am happily married with two children. My husband, Glynn, is a salesman at Goldin Metals. My daughter, Shannan, is eleven years old. She is a sixth grader at Christ the King School. She sings in the school choir and enjoys dancing. I also have a five year old son named Brennan. He is in Pre-K and loves trains and cars.

In December of 1994, I received a BA in Early Childhood Education from the University of New Orleans. I have been teaching in the Jefferson Parish Public School System at Estelle Elementary ever since. For the first eleven years, I taught Kindergarten. In 2006, I moved down to Pre-K. I love working with the younger children.

Almost every summer, I travel with my Delta Kappa Gamma sisters to the Regional or International conventions. Besides seeing some beautiful cities, I have enjoyed getting to know some wonderful ladies in addition to making many new friends. I am really looking forward to going to New York City in July. I hope you will join us there!

No comments:

Post a Comment