· Develop chapter Program of Work that focuses upon Society Purposes, Mission
· Plan Program of Work to include projects, activities, and programs related to personal growth, service to others, professional affairs, legislation, research, music.
· Plan year’s program using adopted international theme found in program manual.
· Adjust focus to meet local needs, interest.
· Use various programming techniques to present ideas to stimulate thinking that may develop into action.
· Encourage maximum member participation by having as many different members as possible take part in programs.
· Plan for observance of Founders Day, chapter birthday.
· Prepare, distribute chapter yearbook to members.
· Provide for use of programming.
· Provide for use of music as integral part of programming.
· Use music to enhance appreciation of Society’s goals and to give dignity, beauty to programs.
Personal Growth and Services
· Recognize members’ needs, recommend programs, projects to aid individual growth.
· Develop leadership among members.
· Encourage participation in study groups concerned with economic, social, political, educational issues.
· Encourage members to reach beyond themselves, their communities to help create genuine spiritual fellowship among women educators of the world.
· Provide opportunities for developing better human relationships within community.
· Encourage members to reach beyond themselves in service to communities.Professional Affairs
· Develop interest, participation in activities designed to improve professional status of women educators.
· Further a program of selective recruitment of teachers and cooperate with other groups in recruitment and retention of qualified educators.
· Encourage chapter interest in the improvement of the professional status of women.
· Encourage research of interest to those responsible for Program of Work as they design chapter programs, create chapter projects.
· Suggest coordination with other chapters in cooperative research projects related to Society Purposes.
· Invite persons doing relevant research to discuss findings are chapter meetings.
· Assess needs within communities represented by members; suggest systematic studies of local problems.
· Publicize pertinent research in area of program theme, current educational trends and issues.