Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dr. Stacy Potter's Golden Gift Experience

Golden Gift Leadership Management Seminar
By: Stacy Potter
 
WOW!!!! This is one of the many words that come to mind when thinking about my experience at the Leadership Management Seminar in Austin, TX this summer! I was selected as one of 31 ladies to attend LMS. From the first night, our group bonded like no other LMS group (as we were told). Friendships were formed across the globe (the furthest was Norway). Some ladies were retired, others close to retirement, and still others were still in the teaching field who were also State Officers, Area (District) Directors, and/or chapter members.
 
At LMS, we attended a variety of workshops. This intense educational training was taught by world-renown experts in the field of leadership and management and included course work in interpersonal communication, leading across generations, conflict resolution, effective decision-making, advocacy, negotiation skills, grant writing and fundraising, thinking on your feet, and wellness. We also were honored by seeing International Headquarters, San Antonio, and the gravesites of our founders: Annie Webb Blanton and Lala M Odom.
 
LMS was an outstanding seminar and has given me ideas that make me think twice, not only in my teaching career, but also within my household. A BIG thank you goes out to my God, DKG sisters, my boss, Susan Griffin, and especially my family for encouraging and supporting me throughout this process. No matter where you are in your job or retirement or in DKG, you will bring away a lot of information and knowledge when attending. It is truly a blessing to go to the Leadership Management Seminar in Austin.

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment